Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Honors

My weekend felt like a waste in some ways.  Saturday I left my pajama on all day!  That's probably a demerit towards my Citizenship Craft! I like to think  though that I got started on my Creative Arts Craft.  I saw some crocheted plant hangers but since I don't really enjoy crochet  got the idea to knit plant hangers. I love to knit!  I am using techniques I love and making something useful that I can admire.  I love to knit socks but I find it very impractical.  I have a hard time making them fit and they wear out so easily that I get discouraged and feel I have wasted my time.  The plant hanger I am making is basically a sock pattern.  I found a stranded color design that I really liked and sturdy cotton yarn I like knitting with.  I am going to knit more of these plant hangers and use the Native American symbols in the book. This will combine my Creative Arts Craft,  Home Craft and Outdoor Craft.  For my Home Craft I want to grow herbs. An Outdoor Craft I chose was to grow plants from cuttings.  I can take cuttings of my outdoor herb garden, turn them into houseplants and house them in my knitted plant hangers.  So there are 3 of the Seven Crafts.  This is too easy.  I may have to require more of myself.  If nothing else this project is helping me overcome my procrastination.
On Sunday I accomplished one honor in Outdoor Crafts. I cooked corn, vegan sausages, bread and pizza outdoors over a fire.  I love cooking outdoors. It gets me outside.  I love cooking my own food and knowing I could still make tasty food if we had no electricity. I need to impose a stiffer requirement.  Maybe say cook enough food to last me the whole week?  I will have to think about this one.  Sunday I cooked 5 vegan sausages, 3 ears of corn and 6 large  pieces of flatbread, one of which I used for my pizza.  The sausages and bread have lasted until now.  I still have dough and ears of corn that need to be cooked and eaten.  I don't like wasting food OR time!

No comments:

Post a Comment